When I was in hospital it took a long time for me even be able to even move my hands, if I did move a finger it was like a break through moment.
I did phsio every day, they even strapped me to a board, so I could stand, as I could not weight bare sit up alone turn on my own, I was hoisted out of bed had a support wheelchair at first, but then they gave me a normal one as could hold my core.
When I came home although I wa,s still using a hoist, I was getting much better.
It was not till about March, I began to have phsio at home twice a week, by the end of it which was about 10 months, I was lifting arms and legs and able to put my own glasses on, it may not seem much, but it meant a lot to me and my family considering I only had eye movement.
Then I went to Latton Bush twice a week and they had me doing a lot, stretching balancing, as they got me up on my feet with a rotary stand, which was very weird a strange feeling, they would use that for transferring, at first I went from wheelchair to board then bed.
Because I was doing so well, one day when I got there Louise said lets try doing some walking in the bars, no one thought I could go very far, but I walked all the way up the bars and back, which was about 20ft each way.
Louise made me walk with walker every time I went and then she got me walking up and down the stairs, which was a block of 4, she was always very pleased with me, I did push myself though.
Then it came to a time where I could do more practical things at home, although it was a few years, so we just keep in touch by text to see how things are going.
No comments:
Post a Comment