Friday, 30 October 2015

My accident

Monday 26th October, as I have many times before, because the weather was fine I drove myself to my computer club at Bush Fair, which is not far from where I live, after club I did some shopping on my own and experienced my first problem, a car was parked across the disabled slop, so a nice woman who I know from Martins the sweet shop helped me, she kindly asked the woman in the car to move to make way for me.
When I was nearly home, I dropped my tissue, went to pick it up, so took my feet off the foot plate and as I always do forgot to turn my wheelchair off, on the way up my forearm hit my control turned the wheelchair turned, my right foot got caught under the foot plate and twisted and then I got thrown into the road hitting the curb on the way down, a nice lady came out of her house opposite, as she saw me fall out of my wheelchair, then there as a lot of people, I got one of them to give me my phone so they could ring scott my husband, an ambulance had been rang, but they took about 40 minutes to come, meanwhile I was still laying on the road, what I did not like an was getting me confused, was everyone was talking to me at the same time, it was not till scott came an told them that I have problems with communication because 3 years ago I had a pons stroke and that I had Locked in syndrome, so they all shut up, it was not till the ambulance came did they say just concentrate on our words no one else, my face was all smashed up needed stitches I had a broken right foot knee problems, I was very lucky I never broke no teeth, which I was very surprised about, when the ambulance got me to the hospital, Princess Alexander, it was very busy an I had to wait ages, the ambulance driver took all my details from scott when he got there, I was in a lot of pain and terrified, I got to hospital about 2 30, had ECG xray and face stitched, when they tied getting me up, at first I could not manage it, my knee an foot was so painful, then I had to try an get in the car, even with scott and my daughter helping it was a nightmare.
When I got home it was a bit easier, as scott went in and got my rotary stand, which made it a lot easier to get out the car into manual wheelchair into my chair in the house, to help scott out, my daughter Page stayed the night.

2 comments:

  1. What a horrible accident. Hope you get well soon. I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi its me Debi, thank you for your thoughts, I am so much better now, look like my old self

      Delete