Thursday, 19 November 2015

Hospital bed

When I first came out of hospital, I first went into a hospital bed which was downstairs, it was downstairs from when I came out of hospital December 14th 2012, until at least a year.
There was no way of me getting up the stairs not until my stair lift, which took along time.
When eventually I could get upstairs, I stayed in my hospital bed, as my own bed at the time was to flat and gave me such a back ache, I was waking Scott all the time to be moved, as the hospital bed had a control to either lift feet lift back and feet and can go up and down.
After about 8 months, the physio Louise said that maybe I can try a bed lift, which would go on my own bed, but would not interfere with Scott, I would be able to go up and down without Scott, which I agreed to and it was great, so I went into my own bed, at first it was strange and I had to have pad things under my heels, as they got sore and pillows under my knees.
I eventually got use to it and had nothing extra, it was great, I was next to my husband again.
I have had 3 bed lifts now, the first one stopped working, the second one got a whole and did not let me have any control, it went up and down on its own, I not had any problems getting them, I just text Louise and she passes on to my OT Katie an a few days later it arrives.
Since I been in my own bed, I use to have my hospital bed weekends, but I now I stay in my own bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment