Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Speeh/Mouth picec

At first when I had my stroke, a few months after, I had speech therapy, and they use to come round to my home, to check my speech and my swallow, at the beginning  I could not eat or drink and when I did eat my diet had be a soft diet and I found I could not eat much, like a few teaspoons of yogurt, that would be enough, but gradually got more and more.
I had to do a lot of speech exercises, which they would leave for me to do to improve my speech.
When it came to the time when I could almost eat anything, I had to have my food cut up unless it small enough and soft, it was nice as I could eat and drink anything, although my drinks needed 2 thickener, it took a long time for  me to have normal drinks, which I now do.
It took me a long time to get a lot of my sounds, even now I have problems, sometimes you can understand me sometimes its very hard, you need to be a good lip reader and get use to me.
As time went on my speech therapist said that she thought a Pallet lift would help, but unfortunately it had to be made privately, so we went ahead and got in touch with Mulbury practise for Dental 
Health and they agreed to make it, I had to go there for a fitting, at the time it felt ok, but I went to use it, it made me gag and I did not like it, what a waste of £500, it did work for opening my air ways
, but it not good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment