When I had my stroke at beginning, everyone kept on saying about having carers come in, but both my husband and I thought better of it, we would be restricted to time and I did not want just anyone looking after me, I was a carer and I know how hard that is for the family.
So my husband with help from the girls, decided to do it them selves, which was hard but that's another story.
One day about 6 and without warning, there was a carer at the door, after I had all my needs for the day, asking if she could come in and see me, well my husband said "she has had everything done" also I had not even had a care plan done by any company, which we found quite strange, this woman had not known anything about me or what my needs were, so scott sent her away.
The next day I had a manager and the woman knock on the door for an easement, so my husband let them in, what a mistake, from the manager I got spoken to like I was stupid, I was in my wheelchair and he bent down to talk to me, it was as if he was talking to a baby, my husband was disgusted and asked them to leave, that certainly made our minds at this point.
I asked my friend Carol to help, so she does 16 hours a week and we get on well and its someone I now and everyone else knows.
Having Scott and Carol has worked out well, she takes me on a Wednesday to either to see my mum or we go shopping, as she has a 5 hour slot.
No comments:
Post a Comment