Tuesday, 12 January 2016
Equipment
To be able to come out of hospital, I had to have the wright equipment in place,a hospital bed, wheelchair and hoist, later after I spent a lot time with physiotherapist a Rotary stand and walker frame. When I used the hoist it was very hard, because they at first they gave me a sling that was to small, it took a lot of phones calls from my husband to get the right one, so I went along time being bed bound which I did not like. Not forgetting my pads we were left alone to sort that our selves, even to the point that having a bad stomach used a lot of pads, well my husband rang Latton Bush to ask for more and they first told us I was only to use 4 a day and that would have to send someone round and we could explain,, they now give me 7 a day, but I can now use the toilet for number 2 but still have no control over my bladder, I use one for day and a larger one with stick sides for night. I have 2 wheelchairs, one manual and one from Holly Wheelchairs, which is electric and I can use myself, they are going to change the foot plate though, its a single unit and I had a nasty accident the other month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment