Well when I was in hospital, I first was fed with a cannula in my arm, I never felt a thing, they use to water and food down it, but then the doctor said I was to have a Peg Tube fitted straight into my tummy which would be a lot easier.
Every 4 hours they had to use a empty syringe to put water then food then water, they would do it slow, but I never felt it.
While I was in hospital my husband and family had to learn how to do it, which we had an outside person to help us, the feeding and the cleaning, the very best thing to use funny enough is diet coke I learnt that in Epping.
The food came in a small bottle called forty sip and there was a lot of different flavour's, my favourite was the black currant one, but they did banana, strawberry, a mix fruit, mocha, they were all nice, its funny because although you get feed straight into your tummy, it does make you burp and you must not do it to fast or your burp more.
I was glad that it came out an I could eat properly but cut, I was at first on a soft mashed diet, but I eat most things now, as long as its cut, its so much better being able to eat normally than being tube fed, I was well bad I really wanted to eat and drink, which is another thing, at first nothing then small sips with 2 thickener to 1 thickener, now I have normal drinks no thickener, it so much easier for my husband and I and for anyone involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment